Friday, October 24, 2008

The Camino Frances Walking Route

Here is a place for almost daily information on the route I am following and how much walking I´m actually doing!

Day 1- Saint Jean-Pied-Du-Port to Roncesvalles - 25km walk going over the Pyreenes
Day 2 - Roncesvalles to Zubiri - walked 23km - mostly downhill
Day 3 - Zubiri to Pomplona - will walk 23km - terrain vaires
Day 4 - Pomplona to Puenta la Reina - crazy walking into and out of Pomplona! -22.5km
Day 5 - Puenta La Reina to Estella. Estella is a great city! - 21.5km
Day 6 - Estella to Los Arcos - 24km
Day 7 - Los Arcos to Vianna - 18km
Day 8 - Vianna to Navarrete - 22.5 km
Day 9 - Navarrete to Azofra - 21.5 km
Day 10 - Azofra to Granon - 20.5km
Day 11 - Granon to Tosantos - 22km
Day 12 - Tosantos to Atapuerca - 25km
Day 13 - Atapuerca to Burgos - 21km - 2nd large city and a day of rest for me!
Day 14 - RESTED IN BURGOS!!! Went to the cathedral and a real chocolateria!
Day 15 - Burgos to Hornillos del Camino - 20km
Day 15 - Hornillos del Camino to Castrojeriz - 19km
Day 16 - Castrojeriz to Fromista - 25km
Day 17 - Fromista to Carrion de los Condes - 20km
Day 18 - Carrion to Terradillos de los Templarios - 26km
THIS IS THE HALF WAY POINT! WE WERE ALL EXCITED.
I continue to cross the meseta, the high plains of wheat fields. I will finish the meseta is three days when I arrive in Leon. There is a snow prediction for Leon but we hope that will pass. After Leon the plains climb into the mountains again and there are long days of 27 to 32 km to reach the next hostal. My route is dictated by the hostals being open. In summer this is not a problem but in winter many of these places close.
Day 19 - Terradillos to Bercianos - 23km (i may go to El Burgo Ranero at 30km but it depends on the weather and the opening of Bercianos hostal)


Total walked so far: 397km!
Left to walk: 357km

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventures in Story Telling

Welcome to this blog. It has changed a bit and is not really a blog per se, but rather a collection of stories that I've begun to write. I've been telling these stories for years and many encouraging friends have finally convinced me to put these into writing. So here are my attempts to recount my ridiculously funny and adventurus LIFE. Suggestions are always welcome!!